Tuesday 9 July 2013

Beautiful Thing



Last year, my friends Derek and Chris from Canada were visiting Australia. I didn’t get to see them much in Sydney, so I caught up with them in Melbourne for a long weekend.


On the Thursday morning, I took a walk through St Kilda and the city centre, via Federation Square, where I saw a girl strolling along taking in the sights. She looked like she’d been exercising- wearing tracksuit bottoms and a T-shirt wet with sweat, and long blonde hair slightly roughed up, but even with all that, she was gorgeous.


Absolutely gorgeous.


I had to say hello to her.


I plucked up the courage to do so. Her name was ‘Frida’ (Frederika) from Norway. She was very friendly and we got on really well. I complemented her on being in tremendous shape, and looking really sporty. She told me that she played football. I told her that I played at school and university, and there’s a local 5-a-side team that I play with, sometimes as well.

I told her that I love to dance- mainly salsa, but I’ve also done some jazz and hip hop. She told me that she does breakdancing. I was floored. It’s so cool to meet a girl who can breakdance. I told her I’ve only done a tiny amount of breakdancing, but I’ve done a couple of years of capoeira, and some of the moves are similar. She said she does capoeira, too.


We just stared at each other.


“Hey, I think you’re really cool” I said, “I’d really like to take you out for a drink”

“That would be nice, but I’m going back to Sydney tomorrow” she replied.

“Oh. I’m going back to Sydney on Monday!” I said. “Whereabouts in Sydney do you live?”

North Sydney” She replied.

“I live in North Sydney”.


We stared at each other again.


“We HAVE to meet up!” I told her.

“Sure.” She said.


We swapped numbers and made plans for the following week.


I was waiting outside the bar we were meeting at, when I saw a stunningly beautiful blonde girl walk past, who was immaculately, and stylishly dressed. I couldn’t help but wonder who she was, but then had to remind myself that I was meeting Frida that night. A few minutes later, I got a message from Frida telling me that she was in the bar.


I went into the bar. The girl that walked past me just before was Frida. I was floored. As the night went on, we got on like a house on fire. As well as cripplingly beautiful, she was also very smart, multilingual, and a really nice person, too. She told me she was glad I came upto her that day. I said I was, too, although it was a bit of a scary thing to do.


Conversing with her was never an effort. She was actually 10 years younger than me, and I don’t normally date girls that young, but she was different. I felt like I could talk to her about anything, and she’d always have something smart to say.

One of the hook points when we realised that we were actually quite well suited came about quite comically. “I play right midfield. I love football, but not many people know much about Norwegian football”. “That’s not quite true” I said, “Henning Berg, Ole-Gunnar Solskaer – they were great players who’ve won the Champions League”


Her jaw just dropped.


“I think she likes me” I thought to myself.


We took a walk, and I made sure she got home safely, insisting she message me when she did so, which she appreciated.


A few days later, she came over and I made her dinner and we watched a movie.


Well, 20minutes of a movie….


I hope I’m not compromising her modesty when I say that without clothes on, she is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I’ve never been in that situation before and been completely speechless. Her golden skin was the softest, smoothest thing I’ve ever held close to me. She looked at me and told me that I should be banned from wearing clothes. I returned the complement.


We saw each other for a few weeks until she had to go to the US to start university again, as she was on a football scholarship.


We’re still on very good terms, but she has a boyfriend now, so out of respect, we keep our contact to a very friendly minimum.


I’m not sure if it was love, but it was definitely a special connection that I don’t feel very often. I wish her the best in everything she does. I’m not praying for her to break up with her boyfriend, as that would cause her undue unhappiness, but if I were to see her again, it would definitely be most welcome.

The song: http://youtu.be/RmVA63Rg4uY

The words: http://victor-thediary.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/beautiful-thing-lyrics.html















2 comments: